GDPR applies throughout all of EU, for all companies. Despite this, many people still do not comply with the regulation. Here are five quick facts for better knowledge:
- GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation – replaced the Personal Data Act (PUL) on May 25, 2018.
- GDPR regards how companies and organizations should be allowed to collect, store and manage data about private persons in a safe manner. It aims to protect persons within the EU.
- The biggest difference between PUL and GDPR is that GDPR implies that companies do not own any personal data, they only borrow it. You should have complete knowledge of what information you save and for what purposes.
- GDPR in short: Do not collect more personal data than necessary and do not save the data longer than necessary. Personal data must be accurate and up-to-date. If personal data is incorrect, delete or correct it without delay. With Roaring's services you always have accurate and updated personal information.
- If a company does not comply with the regulation, they may have to pay high fines. These can amount to 20 million EUR or 4% of the total global annual turnover.
More info on the GDPR Data Protection Regulation: